Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Working It Out

I went home from work early yesterday due to an unruly stomach ache. Sharp pains were shooting into my side. It was terrible. And it was the second day of the stomach ache.

On Monday morning, I got up feeling a lot like myself. So I thought it would be a good idea to try a lower ab workout I found in Real Simple magazine. It had six moves about 10 reps each that I was suppose to do did two times.

Midway through the first round, I was feeling the burn. And I started to get a weird headache, as well as feeling cool and sweaty. (Cool and sweaty is not a good combo for me. It usually means I'm about to be sick sick.)

So I did half of the workout and decided to eat a small something to help settle my stomach. Well, it didn't work. I felt bad all day Monday, and the badness flew into Tuesday. Hence the going home early bit.

Despite my unruly stomach pains, my half-aced attempt at the lower ab workout was a success. I had a stomach ache and sore stomach muscles. And the stomach muscles are still sore today.

Point of Today's Post: I'm sharing the Real Simple workout with you. Because 1.) it makes you feel the burn, 2.) it actually works, and 3.) it doesn't take very long to complete.

I'm trying to get into a groove of doing other things to supplement the days I don't run. And I feel the need to work on my lower abs and core because I feel like that area needs some attention.

The goal is to be toned. While my legs are toning up from the running, the rest of me is staying the same. And that just won't do when the goal is to be toned.

So do the lower ab workout I've discovered, and let me know what you think.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!!!

What do you do help you feel better when you are sick?
~~~ I tend to wrap myself up in a blanket in my chair or in my bed and watch mindless TV or movies. I also eat toast with a smear of butter or some kind of soup.

What  kind of activities do you like to do on your off days?

No comments:

Post a Comment