Monday, April 11, 2011

A Ton of Bricks

It has officially hit me. I'm moving in two weeks. My paper is due a week from Thursday. I have two other papers to write, oral presentations to give, revision to make and bags and boxes to pack. EEEKKK!!!! And this necessary freak out stems from a letter shoved between my doorjamb.

How nice of the apartment complex to stick a checklist of what needs to be done to the box before we move out. Just what I needed. A little extra stress. Basically we have to clean everything, which is not surprising. But was is surprising is that everything includes the under and behind of the fridge, washer, dryer and water heater. Not complaining, just a little shocked at the size of the job.

I also have to figure out what cable provider we will be using, set up an account with Entergy, coordinate my family members coming to help out with the move, and do school. DOUBLE EEEKKK!!!

I just hit me like a ton of bricks. We move in two weeks. I've got so much to do still for school. How will it all work? What will I look like once school is over and the move is complete? I am so looking forward to the days of lounging by the pool with a book of my choice that has nothing to do with Arkansas history. Gosh, it will be so great. But getting there is the challenge.

I have officially written 15 pages of the 18-25 page original research paper. What it looks like/reads like, I have no idea. I'm sure it will lack the necessary transitions to make for a smooth read, and I bet there will be too many quotes and citations. But it will be done.

Goal numero uno of the day: Finish rough draft of paper...so the revising/rewriting can start ASAP.

Goal numero dos of the day: Pack some boxes...because we're moving.

Goal numero tres of the day: Take some time to unwind the mind...hopefully I can get some serious sleep.

I hope you guys had a nice weekend and got to do fun things. I did get to see the family for a short while and eat the best cake in the world. So that means it was a success. Catch ya on the flip side.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment